I've been absent from The Awkward Indie Girl for almost two months.
I haven't enjoyed not posting, but the break was necessary in order to get through some rather stressful school work and AP testing. I also wanted to spend some time enjoying my brand-new boyfriend.
Chris and I have been together for a couple weeks over a month now, and he makes me so happy. He's super smart and studying biochemistry and molecular biology at a local university, which means I have very little understanding of all of the pentagons with letters attached that he draws. Even though a lot of it goes over my head, the things he does manage to teach me amaze me.
We watch Stephen Hawking documentaries together while eating Häagen Dazs coffee ice-cream, we go to Barnes and Noble to look at all of the Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins books, we play Minecraft or Super Smash Bros Brawl, and I honestly enjoy all of the hours I spend with him. He's also the king of Pac-Man, which is the real reason I'm dating him.
There will be a lot of wonderful things going on at The Awkward Indie Blog starting this week!
- Vintage Photo Monday will return, and I have lots of beautiful and funny vintage pictures I've scanned that I'm dying to share with you guys.
- My Stylish Friends will resume as well. I already have two sets posted on The Awkward Indie Girl Blog Facebook page. Be sure to become a fan!
- Themed photo shoots. My Stylish Friends posts have ignited within me a love for photography. I have so many ideas for photo shoots, and I'm very lucky to have some willing models!
- DIY posts
- 10 Minute Costumes. My costume for Effie Trinket was so popular that I think I'll make a series out of it.
- More frequent posts. School ends in a few weeks :)
Take care and be sure to subscribe/follow/fan/etc for everything The Awkward Indie Girl.