Monday, January 13, 2014

How to Be FIERCE


I've always loved the look of winged eyeliner, but I could never do it myself. I have tons of pictures saved in a folder on my computer that are waiting to be used as inspiration.

Last week, my friend, Megan, came over. She happens to be fantastic with makeup. In fact, she did the makeup for the photo series I did called, "What Does Mental Illness Look Like?"She advised me on which eyeliner to buy, and then she taught me how to use it.


I know that this is an intense, dramatic look, but I LOVE IT. At first I felt awkward saying it, but I really feel more like myself with these wings! Megan explained it best. She said that makeup can show the world how you feel about yourself inside. I have always been a dramatic person, and I love that my makeup can show that in a way that makes me feel attractive and fierce!

So maybe you don't like the way my makeup looks. That's fine; it's not for everyone. But I would encourage you to find some way to make yourself feel fierce. Maybe it's the color of your hair, a cool graphic tee, or a sexy new bra. It doesn't have to be as visible as mine. It can even be a little quote you keep in your wallet or picture that reminds you to feel awesome. It doesn't matter what it is, as long as it makes you feel good.

And remember, h8rs gonna h8. Not everyone is going to like your choices. However, your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to your appearance. It is your body. That means you get to do whatever you want with it. Enjoy, and remember to be fierce!


If you're wondering, I use Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Intense Black. I bought mine at ULTA for about $20.

You can check out Megan's makeup work here.

(Also, it looks like I've been wearing that Penn State sweatshirt too much. Those pictures were taken on three different days. Sheesh!)