Thursday, January 23, 2014

Time for an Update?


I think it's time for an update. This month I've already surpassed my previous blog traffic goals, and it looks like I'm going to hit 5,000 hits this month (currently at 4,575)! For some perspective, my previous record was from May 2013 with 3,601 hits.

I've been spending a significant amount time on my blog: writing new content, adding pages, making things look better. I still have many things I'd like to change or improve, but I've gotten a good start on my "To Do" list over the past couple of weeks.

I now have pages for About Me, Medications, Blogroll, and Friends. For those of you who don't know, a blogroll is a list of favorite blogs. My Friends page is a place for me to share the brands I love to work with. Take a peek!

I've also started using social media more effectively. You can follow me on different websites by clicking the icons below the picture of me on your right. The links are for (from left to right): The Awkward Indie Girl Blog Facebook page, my Twitter, my Pinterest, Bloglovin' (an awesome RSS feed reader), my Instagram, and my YouTube channel. Below the icons, you can sign up to get email updates from my blog. Let's be friends all over the Internet!

As if there wasn't enough going on, I've decided to try monetizing my blog. See those ads? I'm not sure how I feel about them. They're distracting from the content, and I'm not making that much money. Ideally I would prefer to show ads for blogs and brands that I believe in, but I have not formed those relationships yet.

So that concludes the main changes around here. Poke around and see if you like it. Would you like to be included on my blogroll or on my Friends page? Let me know! I'm always available at 

theawkwardindiegirl@gmail.com 

or by tweet. I'm off to plan some brand new VIDEO CONTENT for you all!

P.S. You may notice that all of my non-mental health posts are now missing. After careful consideration, I decided to mark these old posts as private. The fashion posts do not reflect my brand, and I don't feel that they serve any purpose on this site. I will, however, keep the pictures up on my Facebook page for now. I can't bring myself to destroy all of the evidence...